The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 program.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program that brings together rising leaders from the United States and around the world who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions. Over the course of an academic year at Columbia University, Obama Foundation Scholars deepen their knowledge and skills and build new capacities and networks to accelerate their impact in their home countries.
The program covers
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region, or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities on completion of the program.
- Be fluent in English (verbal, written, and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination, and teamwork.
- Be on average, 35 years of age, with ages ranging from 25 to 45.
- Emerging institutional and movement leaders addressing a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality healthcare, environmental sustainability, etc.
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials for application:
- Complete online application form
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
To apply, click here
Deadline: February 5, 2021
For more information visit the official site.