The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) calls on interested and qualified applicants to apply for its internship programme.
OPEC fund offers this Internship Programme to enable students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research
- Writing documents
- Organizing information and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- The internship provides a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience;
- It provides an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization;
- It also gives students the opportunity to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age
- He/she should be proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Must be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office)
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund
- Applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Candidates must submit the following:
- The online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent,
- An original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant was an undergraduate student
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent
- A short statement in English maximum of150-250 words and
- A letter of motivation
To apply, click here
Deadline: October 1, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.