Application is currently ongoing for the OPEC Fund for International Development internship program 2021.
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
The Internship Program is designed to:
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission, and related values;
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience; and
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization.
Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs. The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial management; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
Duration: 2-6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing documents;
- Conducting research;
- Organizing information; and
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
- Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office);
- He/she must be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline;
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund;
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness; and
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset;
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Interested applicants can apply using the link below and attach the following in their online application form;
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is/was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
To apply, click here.
For more information, visit the official site.