Applications are welcome to the second edition of the “Out of (and Into) Africa” International Symposium on African Consumer Marketing and Firm Strategies virtual conference 2021.
The Out of (and Into) Africa Virtual conference: Second Edition 2021 sponsored by Morgan State University, CIBER-CMCC, and Howard University is a virtual conference that intends to provide opportunities for brainstorming and dialogues among researchers and marketing practitioners. Collaboration between academia and businesses in the US and those from all over Africa are especially encouraged. The conference aims to:
- Foster collaborations among consumer, marketing, firm strategy, and public policy researchers with similar interests.
- Review current knowledge on African consumers, marketing, firm strategy, and societal policies – highlighting gaps in the knowledge and understanding of the field in that African context.
- Develop an agenda for future research.
Below are some proposed research paper topic areas for submissions (any other areas within marketing and/or strategy are welcome as long as the African context is stressed and/or leveraged):
The Consumer Marketing Division/Program
They encourage multi-method/multi-paradigmatic methods to address, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Arts, culture and consumption
- Consumer psychology and behaviour
- Services, retailing, and customer experiences
- Consumer well being and pandemic effects
- Social media and digital marketing
- Emerging middle class and Bottom of Pyramid (BOP) consumers
Society and Public Policy Division/Program
Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Public and private enabling institutions in Africa: Academic outreach.
- Governmental supports and barriers
- NGOs: foreign and local
- Laws, trade barriers and enticements
- Institutional framework and support for entrepreneurship.
- Sociological shifts
The Firm Strategies and Tactics Division/Program
This program covers, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- African paradigms in developing business
- Small business development strategies and tactics
- MNC strategies and tactics in Africa
- Family-owned firms and internationalization
- B2B marketing and supply chain management
- International entrepreneurship and born global
Date: October 25-26, 2021
Requirements & Eligibility:
The conference is open to any and all scholars who have research work related to the conference theme, and these can include:
- academic faculty,
- doctoral students,
- think tank researchers,
- NGO experts, and
- senior corporate managers.
Interested applicants are to use the Paper Submission Form to submit competitive refereed papers, working papers, extended abstracts, and/or proposals.
All submissions will go through a double-blind review process. Reviewers will evaluate each submission on the basis of
- quality of the research,
- contribution to the field,
- interest and relevance of the topic to the conference,
- coherence and readability.
Volunteer reviewers are welcome to apply. Contact the conference chair (email@example.com) to volunteer as a paper reviewer. Please include the words “Reviewer Volunteer” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: July 10, 2021
For more information and paper submission, click here.