Applications for the Pardee RAND Ph.D. Scholarship in policy analysis 2021, USA is open.
The Pardee RAND Graduate School is a selective, multidisciplinary doctoral program with a focus on policy analysis and the ways it can shape the world.
Pardee RAND offers a full-time Ph.D. program in policy analysis — the first and largest of its kind in the country. It is a non-profit organization, backed by the brainpower and resources of the RAND Corporation, a nonpartisan research institution that helps improve policy and decision-making through research and analysis.
The students come from diverse personal and academic backgrounds, and about a third of the students come from outside the U.S.
The scholarship covers
- A full-tuition fee for the first year, partial fee the second year, and reduced tuition thereafter
- A research fellowship earned by working on RAND projects of the student’s choice that covers remaining tuition and provides a stipend to cover living expenses
- Generous health insurance and other benefits, including paid parental leave
- Support for conference attendance and travel to other RAND offices
- Use of a laptop computer
- Competitively awarded internal dissertation funding
- Opportunity for subsidized housing in West L.A., a short commute to campus
- Paid visit to Pardee RAND for preview weekend in March after acceptance
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have completed a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree and/or some work experience is desired
- be available to participate in our full-time combined research-and-study program at RAND’s headquarters in Santa Monica, California
- demonstrate strong quantitative skills, although all majors and disciplines welcome
- An online application
- Resume or CV
- Three essays to understand applicants motivations to work in the field of policy analysis
- Three letters of recommendation
- Test scores on the GRE or GMAT; TOEFL or English proficiency test for some international students
- School transcripts
Deadline: January 5, 2020
For more information and application, visit the official site.