Application is currently ongoing for the 2022 PASET Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) for Ph.D. Students.
RSIF offers a unique and historic opportunity for African countries to train new doctoral students in high-quality Ph.D. programs in applied sciences, engineering, and technology, at an affordable cost in competitively selected African universities partnered with international universities. Beyond doctoral training, RSIF systematically nurtures research capacity by fostering partnerships between universities and domestic and international firms to find solutions to local challenges.
However, RSIF aims to train quality Ph.D. students and post-doctoral researchers at selected African universities (‘African Host Universities’) to address the human resource gap of highly qualified specialists in the fields of applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) and to contribute to improving research and innovation capacities in those fields in SSA. RSIF supports training, research, and innovation in five PASET Priority Thematic Areas:
- ICT including big data and artificial intelligence,
- Food security and agri-business,
- Minerals, mining and materials engineering,
- Energy including renewables and
- Climate change.
The Scholarship covers;
- university tuition and related fees,
- travel expenses
- medical insurance, and
- research costs.
- Access to RSIF competitive research grants upon completion of their Ph.D.
To be eligible for an RSIF Ph.D. Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan Africa country.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an RSIF African Host University in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the RSIF African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
- Be given to applicants who are 35 years of age and below.
- Should not be holding another PhD scholarship, or currently be enrolled in any PhD Program when applying to the RSIF PhD scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-24 months in a ‘sandwich’ research placement at an international partner institute.
To apply for this scholarship, fill the application form, click here
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.