The Faculty of Architecture is seeking a Ph.D. candidate who is highly motivated to work for this Position on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Architectural Design at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
A fair part of the planet is considered a “built environment”. There is a large amount of digital footprint and visual data such as street-view images, maps, and interior photos, floor plans, etc. Efficient exploration and analysis of these available data require intelligent tools. Therefore the result is a greater understanding and a superior design of our living environment by architects, designers, and engineers to solve real-world challenges such as sustainability, or health. The Lab’s research agenda focuses on state-of-the-art artificial intelligence methods for automatic recognition and understanding of visual attributes in architectural data: from images of built-forms to architectural representations and design models. The challenges are the
For this Ph.D. Positions on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Architectural Design, the tasks include
- Positioning and analysing the state of Computer vision discipline with respect to the demands for efficient and novel computational frameworks in the domain of Architectural design.
- Data efficiency in the context of unsupervised methods for inductive biases such as shapes and image formats in architectural visual forms and data.
- Data collection in the context of the data-hungry supervised-learning models for the visual understanding of the built\design representations.
- Subjectivity in the human-level supervision,
- Communication of the research outcomes to the domain experts.
- A gross monthly salary within the range of € 2.434,00 – € 3.111,00
- A pension scheme and partially paid parental leave.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- MSc degree (or can be expected in the coming months) in Architectural design with a computational background, Computer science, Applied mathematics, or in a related discipline
- An affinity to teaching and supervision of the students.
- A proven record (e.g., GitHub, Kaggle profiles) in Programming (Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, CUDA or similar), Machine-learning and Data Analytics.
- A proven interest in interdisciplinary research such as publications, thesis or software at the intersection of the two domains of Architecture and Computer science.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in written and oral.
- The ability to work independently as a researcher and initiate a collaboration with fellow academics.
Applications for the Ph.D. Positions on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Architectural Design must include:
- A detailed CV including education, work experiences, completed or ongoing projects, e.g., in GitHub repository or other public platforms,
- Publications and achievements that demonstrate relevant competencies.
- A proof of experiences (e.g., transcript of records) in subjects such as computer vision, machine/deep learning, linear algebra, calculus, statistics, signal and image processing and random processes.
- A 1-page motivation letter addressing applicant interests and describing how he/she experience and plans fit the advertised position.
- Two references contact information (Not recommendation letters).
To apply for this Ph.D. Positions on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Architectural Design, click here.
Application Deadline: November 31, 2021.
For more information on Ph.D. For positions on Computer Vision and Deep Learning for Architectural Design, visit the official site.