The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management seeks a Ph.D./Junior Lecturer for its Strategic Management group.
As a Ph.D./Junior Lecturer candidate will have both research (50%) and teaching (50%) duties for a 6-year period. They will work on a Ph.D. project under the supervision of Prof. Hans van Kranenburg and dr. Koen van den Oever. The Ph.D. project focuses on the strategic decision-making processes in the boards of directors of organizations in this digital age. The project aims to advance the understanding of the impact of digitalization, datafication, and platform station on the strategy and performance of organizations by examining the digital mindset, digital agenda, and the strategic choices and policies of the boards of directors.
Based on this project, the description candidates will be expected to develop a more elaborate research proposal in this area in the first and second years of their appointment. This proposal will have to be approved by the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Nijmegen School of Management.
Start date: March 1, 2021.
Duration of the contract: 6 years.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4,402 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 10).
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- Opportunities for development and a great pension scheme.
To be eligible for this position, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field of Business Administration or Management or equivalent.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by their grade transcripts and CV.
- Excellent writing skills, as evidenced by a writing sample, such as a chapter from their Master’s thesis or a (forthcoming or published) article or presented conference paper.
- The ability to develop a research proposal in the area of strategic management, strategic decision making, governance, and digitalization.
- The ability to teach in English; Dutch teaching skills are an advantage.
- They are enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- The ability to finish their Ph.D. thesis in time, i.e. strong skills in project management, flexibility, proactive behavior, and excellent academic writing skills.
All applications should include the following attachments:
- Letter of motivation explaining applicant motivation, interest in the position, and their competence in the research field.
- A CV including academic qualifications, relevant knowledge, relevant research experience, course grade list, list of publications (if applicable), and two suitable academic references.
- A writing sample, for example, a chapter from their Master’s thesis or a forthcoming paper, preferably in English.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
For more information visit the official site.