The Radboud Healthy Data Programme is looking for a PhD candidate in philosophy and Ethics in AI and Medicine as part of the programme’s ELSA (ethical, legal, and societal aspects) team.
The Radboud Healthy Data Programme is a joint digital transformation programme of Radboud University and the Radboud University Medical Center aimed at connecting and further developing their expertise in health-related data management and AI to enhance the development of a responsible and sustainable digital infrastructure for the entire Radboud University campus.
This project poses the question of whether ethical review committees (ERCs), the key oversight mechanisms designated to ensure that biomedical and health research is ethical, are fit for purpose in this age of data-intensive research, and if not, what should be done to update them.
Duration: The position has a fixed-term contract of 5 years.
- The gross starting salary ranges from €2,770 to €3,539 per month
- An 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- A dual career and family care officer are available to assist with family-related support, help the spouse prepare for the local labor market, provide customized support in their search for employment, and also help the family settle in Nijmegen.
The position is for applicants who meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s degree in ethics and philosophy of technology, science and technology studies, critical data studies, or a related field
- A proven interest in the ethics of technological innovations.
- Have an interest in or experience with health-related, qualitative research methods, including interviews and participatory observation.
- Furthermore, it is an advantage if the applicant has good proficiency in Dutch.
- Are highly motivated to collaborate with scholars working on ethics, legal and societal dimensions of new technologies and with other disciplines as part of the Healthy Data Programme.
- Have good collaborative and communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation (maximum of 2 pages)
- A current CV, including the contact details of two references
- A sample of a written work (or a link to it), preferably in English
To apply for the PhD Candidate Position on Ethics in AI and Medicine, click here.
Deadline: October 30, 2023.
For more information on the PhD Candidate Position on Ethics in AI and Medicine, visit the official site.