Apply for a fully financed PhD position in accounting by joining the UvA Accounting department. Collaborate with globally recognized professionals to carry out influential research.
This PhD position is a full-time position for a period of four years. The first year will consist of PhD-level coursework, after which the candidate will start working on his or her own research agenda under the supervision and with the support of the senior professors within the department. The research projects will be shaped by the candidate’s ideas, interests, and capabilities. We especially welcome candidates with a strong interest in the intersection of accounting and sustainability/ESG and candidates who are interested in primarily conducting quantitative empirical research (archival or experimental). The fourth year of the PhD position typically involves a half- to full-year visit at another internationally renowned school
Specific responsibilities for the PhD in Accounting include:
- Develop innovative research ideas;
- conduct research (including the design of the studies and the collection and analysis of empirical data);
- write-up findings for publication in prestigious accounting journals;
- present research findings at leading international conferences;
- attend courses and seminars to develop research skills;
- participate in and contribute to research activities within the section (e.g., research seminars);
- contribute to teaching activities (e.g., conduct tutorials) and supervise thesis students (20 percent of the task).
Duration: The employment contract is 3 years.
- The gross monthly salary will range from €2.770 in the first year to €3.539
- A maximum of 29 days of annual leave based on full-time employment;
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- solid pension scheme (ABP);
- contribution to commuting expenses, an internet and a homework allowance.
The PhD in Accounting seek candidate with:
- Master’s or Research Master’s degree in business administration/management, economics, or a related discipline;
- strong demonstrated interest in pursuing an academic career;
- If the Master’s degree is obtained from a non-European university, GMAT or GRE score no older than five years is required;
- strong interest in accounting research and the intersection with sustainability and ESG;
- strong quantitative skills or background in empirical research. Knowledge of programming (e.g., stata, Python, R/textual analysis, or machine learning) is a plus.
- excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- An excellent command of English is a must or they may require a TOEFL or IETLS;
- curious, collaborative nature with a desire to learn.
Applications in one pdf should include:
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation includes a description of the candidate’s primary research interests and ambitions.
- Recent test scores (GMAT/GRE, TOEFL/IELTS), if applicable
- A grade list for the most recently completed degree
To apply for a PhD in Accounting—Fully-Funded Position at the University of Amsterdam, click here.
Deadline: April 01, 2024.
For more information on the PhD in Accounting – Fully-Funded Position at the University of Amsterdam, visit the official site.