The Twente University Centre for Cybersecurity Research has a vacancy for a PhD Position in Cloud Security.
Real-time monitoring is essential for threat detection and response. Many different security monitoring and intrusion detection approaches have been proposed in the state-of-the-art and several tools are available on the market. However, the complexity and dynamism of modern cloud-based distributed environments (e.g., Kubernetes clusters) pose a critical challenge to such tools, which are less in terms of scalability and visibility and do not allow for prompt detection of cyberattacks.
The goal of this PhD Project is to research novel methodologies to securely monitor distributed environments, ultimately aiming at threat detection, automating the extraction, learning, and correlation of cyber threat intelligence (CTI), and reasoning about effective and transferable threat response strategies.
Duration: 4 years
- The University offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.541,- (first year) to € 3.247,- (fourth year);
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
- Candidates will have a training program as part of the Twente Graduate School where they and their supervisors will determine a proper education and supervision plan.
The PhD position in Cloud Security seeks applicants who:
- are highly motivated and enthusiastic researchers, aspiring to do world-class research and have real-world impact.
- have an MSc degree with excellent grades in computer science or similar; applications from students who are about to finish their MSc degree studies will also be considered.
- are interested in cybersecurity and have a solid background in data and systems security.
- are curious and interested in learning how things work and how to make them better.
- have a creative mindset and excellent analytical and communication skills;
- have good team spirit and like to work in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented environment
- are proficient in English.
Interested applicants are to send their application via the apply button below and include the following:
- A motivation letter, emphasizing their specific interest and motivation to apply for a PhD position in this research area.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including any publications if applicable, academic awards, and their working experience.
- An academic transcript of BSc and MSc education, including grades.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: February 17, 2023.
For more information on PhD Position in Cloud Security, visit the official site.