Applications are welcome for the position of an Industrial Manager at the Royal Society, UK.
The Royal Society is an independent scientific academy of the UK and the Commonwealth, dedicated to promoting excellence in science. It is a self-governing Fellowship of many of the world’s most distinguished scientists drawn from all areas of science, engineering and medicine. The Society’s fundamental purpose is to recognize, promote and support excellence in science and to encourage the development and use of science for the benefit of humanity.
It aims to bring together industry, academia and government to advance ideas and support scientists in industry and those in academia who wish to develop their research into commercial products. The programme covers a broad range of academic disciplines, industrial sectors and company sizes.
The Society is looking for a Programme Manager to help take its science, industry and translation programme to the next stage. The Industry Programme Manager must have experience of working in, or with, industry research and development teams or in a university or technology organisation with a track record of translating research ideas into commercial products. He/she must have excellent networking skills and highly developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across different stakeholder groups including industry, academia and government.
Successful candidates are to perform the following task:
- Deliver industry and translation focussed scientific conferences, events and regional meetings
- Support the successful delivery of the industry and translation activities on time, to budget, and to the agreed scope
- Supervise work of other team members as required
- Build relationships with scientists working in the industry and at the interface of industry and academia across the UK
- Contribute to other activities as required
Location: Carlton House Terrace (remote working in the first instance)
Candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Have a PhD degree or equivalent experience
- Interest in a broad range of scientific issues
- Experience of industrial science and translation
- Excellent oral and written communication with a range of audiences
- Successfully managing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent networking skills
- Establishing and maintaining a network of contacts
- Able to be flexible about working hours, including working occasional evenings, and to travel within the UK on occasion
Interested applicants should
- Upload their resume, and
- Fill out an application online form
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: October 25, 2020
For more information visit the official site