The Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences, Eindhoven University of Technology, welcomes applications for the Ph.D. Position in mHealth for (post-)pandemic mental healthcare support, Netherlands 2021.
The Effect of Covid 19 Pandemic. According to the Organization (WHO), the covid 19 Pandemic has halted and disrupted critical mental health services in many countries worldwide thereby leading to a larger demand for Mental health services. However, the higher demands for mental health services have led to extra duties on the part of the psychiatrist. Even with the implementation of telemedicine (remote video counseling), there is a significant variation in the actual use of such technologies.
While physical exercise has a significantly large effect on depression, mental healthcare organizations are struggling to deliver lifestyle programs, not to talk of remotely, especially in pandemic times. This has called for more hands in the health sector especially the mental health units.
Interested applicants will perform the following activities:
- designing in multiple iterations an evidence-based mHealth tool to promote healthy lifestyles socially, via gamified mHealth techniques.
- collaborate with other scientists in the GameBus research line, chaired by dr. Pieter Van Gorp, within the Information Systems research group of the IE&IS department.
- tailor the GameBus user experience and ensure that adequate data is collected for deep customization based on data science and artificial intelligence.
- A gross monthly salary in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A broad package of fringe benefits that includes a pension scheme, pregnancy, and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave)).
- Free access to high-quality training programs for research and valorization, professional development courses for Ph.D. students, and didactical courses of the TEACH training program.
- An annual holiday allowance including a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Applicants should have a master’s degree (or an equivalent university degree) in data science, software engineering, information systems or
- A comparable domain with a solid background in iterative systems design and hybrid (qualitative and quantitative) research methods.
- He/she should have the ability to work in a team and interested in collaborating with patients and professionals from the mental healthcare setting
- Applicants should possess a research-oriented attitude, and
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.
Applications are welcome from candidates with the following information
- Curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter describing applicants’ motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Applicants are to demonstrate their aim to achieve societal impact.
- A list of publications.
- Brief description of their MSc thesis. and
- Contact information of three references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: May 02, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.