The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) Delft University. Welcomes application from qualified candidates to a PhD position on AI for programmable networks.
This PhD project is part of NExT WORKx, cooperation between TU Delft and KPN, and will be conducted within the Embedded and Networked Systems group (http://ens.ewi.tudelft.nl) at TU Delft.
Current advances in artificial intelligence (AI) and network programmability – including software-defined networking, P4-programmable data-planes, and network functions virtualization – are opening up new opportunities in realizing the telecommunications industry’s quest for autonomous, self-healing networks. Contrary to legacy networking equipment, programmable networks have decoupled the control and data planes, thereby effectively allowing (virtual) services and network components to dynamically move or scale.
However, programmability alone is insufficient to realize autonomous networking, as the question remains of how to program the network. In this project, through fine-grained network monitoring and AI techniques, a closed-loop system should be developed to provide the intelligence needed for autonomous networks.
Duration: 4 years
- A Salary Scale of € 2395 to € 3061,
- The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package,
- Discounts on health insurance and sport memberships, and monthly work costs contribution,
- Flexible work schedules,
- Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist international applicants with their relocation,
- As a PhD candidate, applicants will be enrolled in the TU Delft Graduate School with an excellent team of supervisors, academic staff, and a mentor.
The successful candidates for this position must:
- Have a master’s degree with excellent marks in computer science,
- be proficient in networking and programming,
- has an affinity for artificial intelligence, and enjoys working on a multi-disciplinary project.
- experience in software-defined networking and P4 is considered to be an advantage.
- Be a team player, able to cooperate with KPN and the other PhD candidates working on related research topics at TU Delft.
Applicants are to add the following documents to their application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
- A motivation letter.
To apply, click here
Deadline: February 17, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.