The Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) welcomes applications for a PhD position on Modeling Security Standards for Internet of Things.
The increasing use of Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies and devices facilitates the automation of many aspects of daily life but also introduces serious risks of new cyber security threats. In IoT, these risks go beyond the boundaries of the digital world and penetrate into the physical world as well.
The PhD project will address the conceptual foundation of IoT security standards and how it can be captured in a domain-specific language. Such a language would enable a precise formulation, interpretation, and refinement of security standards in a structured way and would support reuse in the compliance assessment and certification processes. This approach poses a number of questions: what are the fundamental domain concepts of such a language, what are the most suitable semantic entities that comprise its semantic domain, and how they can support the tasks of validation, testing, and checking compliance with the standards.
Duration: A full-time employment for 4 years, with an intermediate evaluation after nine months.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- Collaboration with industrial partners.
The criteria for applying for the PhD position on Modeling Security Standards for the Internet of Things include
- A masters’ degree in computer science/software engineering
- Experience and interests in language engineering, model-driven engineering, and security
- Knowledge and experience in the area of Internet-of-Things is an advantage
- Solid software development skills
- Independent, motivated and eager to learn personality, with enthusiasm for research
- Good communication skills in English, both in speaking and writing
- A publication record is an advantage.
The application for PhD position on Modeling Security Standards for Internet of Things should include a:
- Cover letter describing his/her motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of his/her publications and the contact information of three references.
- Brief description of his/her MSc thesis.
- An academic transcript with courses and earned grades.
To apply for the PhD position on Modeling Security Standards for Internet of Things, click here.
Application Deadline: November 25, 2021.
For more information PhD position on Modeling Security Standards for the Internet of Things, visit the official site.