Department of Medical Informatics and the Department of Cardiology is looking for a motivated PhD student in the field of natural language processing with a specific interest in machine learning for health care who will work on the DataTools4Heart project (Health Data Science).
The position is embedded in the DataTools4Heart project, “A European Health Data Toolbox for Enhancing Cardiology Data Interoperability, Reusability, and Privacy”. DataTools4Heart is a unique European-wide project that aims to create co-create, develop and demonstrate a comprehensive, federated, privacy-preserving cardiology data toolbox including standardized data ingestion and harmonization tools, multilingual natural language processing, federated machine learning and data synthesis methods, as well as virtual assistants to help scientists and clinicians navigate through large-scale multi-source cardiology data while complying with European regulations and data standards.
The proposed toolbox will be demonstrated and optimized based on concrete clinical use cases drawn from real-world practice in the outpatient and emergency cardiology units.
The position seeks a PhD candidate who is eager to design, implement, and evaluate responsible NLP methods in the context of the DataTools4Heart project.
- They will propose state-of-the-art large language models (LLMs) and will develop Dutch and/or multilingual linguistic resources with a strong focus on healthcare applications in the field of cardiology.
- They will have the opportunity to apply statistical and machine learning techniques to a range of clinically relevant problems in cardiology, which will be defined and discussed together with medical specialists.
- Besides a good basic salary, the candidate will also receive an 8.3% year-end bonus and an 8% holiday allowance.
- Free and unlimited access to the school’s online learning environment GoodHabitz.
- Pension accrual with BeFrank, a modern, understandable, and well-priced pension.
- Excellent accessibility by public transport and reimbursement of a large part of their transport costs.
The position Natural Language Processing for Health Data Science is looking for an excellent and highly motivated PhD student. Prerequisites:
- Master’s degree in computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, medical informatics, statistics, data science, or related fields.
- Hands-on experience in natural language processing, machine learning, medical informatics and/or data science.
- Highly motivated with a creative and independent mindset.
- Excellent programming skills in Python and experience implementing machine learning systems (e.g., scikit-learn, PyTorch).
- Capable of working in multidisciplinary environments.
- Good command of English, both spoken and written.
To apply for the PhD Position in Natural Language Processing for Health Data Science, click here.
Deadline: July 15, 2023.
For more information on the PhD Position in Natural Language Processing for Health Data Science, visit the official site.