The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences (BMS) University of Twente is looking for a Ph.D. candidate for a full-time project on Tailored Disease Management for COPD and Multimorbidity, a RE-SAMPLE project within Health Technology and Services Research (HTSR), TechMed Centre.
RE-SAMPLE is a partnership between multidisciplinary collaborators from the Netherlands (University of Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Roessingh Research and Development) and other European countries (University of Twente, Medisch Spectrum Twente, Roessingh Research and Development) (Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Spain).
The RE-SAMPLE objectives are to:
- increase the understanding of COPD and multi-morbidity;
- identify individual multi-morbid exacerbations;
- develop tailored referral to a multidisciplinary, adaptive eHealth program for COPD patients with comorbidities;
- establish evidence of effective interventions for chronic disease management.
Duration: 4 years
The Ph.D. candidate at HTSR is interested in improving disease management in COPD patients with comorbid conditions by:
- Developing a clinical-scientific knowledge base with multimodal data derived from sources such as patient records, clinical trials, expert knowledge, and current literature research;
- Considering the efficacy as well as the possible effects on clinical results, user adherence, adoption, and costs;
- Developing a shared-decision-making methodology and treatment algorithms for actual implementation, as well as identifying patient characteristics for targeted treatments.
- A starting salary of € 2.395 gross per month in the first year and a salary of € 3.061 in the fourth year gross per month;
- They provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment with excellent facilities;
- Fringe benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- They offered a professional and personal development program within the Twente Graduate School.
The University of Twente is looking for a researcher who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, and curious:
- have, or are about to receive, a master’s degree in Health Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Health Technology Assessment, Epidemiology, Data Science or a related field;
- have a strong background in (medical) data processing and prediction modeling;
- a passion for personalized medicine in the field of pulmonary diseases and the use of health technology to improve disease management;
- are constructive, analytical, innovative, and driven to solve significant (clinical) scientific problems in long-term pulmonary care, in daily meetings and work trips;
- capable of conducting independent studies and possessing outstanding communication skills;
- fluent in Dutch and English; and
- willing to communicate intensively with patients with complex chronic illnesses, healthcare practitioners, as well as industrial and academic parties.
Interested applicants should attach the following documents in their application.
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including a summary of their previous research, and, a list of publications if applicable;
- A motivation letter (maximum 1.5 page A4), emphasizing specific interest for this position, qualifications, skills, and motivations to apply for this position;
- Contact information of at least two references that may be consulted.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: May 2, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.