The University of Amsterdam is inviting applications for PhD Positions In Experimental Quantum Physics Faculty of Science – Institute of Physics.
The strontium quantum gases group is headed by Prof. Florian Schreck and is part of the Quantum Gases and Quantum Information (QG&QI) cluster at the University of Amsterdam. The main focus of the group is the exploitation of Sr quantum gases for novel precision measurement techniques and the study of many-body physics. They are five open PhD positions on four research projects.
The research positions are:
- Continuous atom laser
- Quantum simulation with Rydberg coupled Sr atoms
- Superradiant Sr clock
- Rb-Sr ground-state molecules.
Job type: temporary contract
Duration: 4 years
€2,325 to €2,972 gross per month
Applicants must hold an MSc. or equivalent in physics or a related field and are requested to state why they apply for the position and to supply a CV.
Other skills/experiences/documents that would benefit their applications are:
- previous experience in an optical, atomic, or molecular physics lab;
- working knowledge of a programming language (Matlab, C++ or equivalent);
- excellent English oral and written communication skills;
- scientific publications.
- Also, to foster diversity in the research group, applications from excellent female candidates will be appreciated.
To apply for this position, applications must include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a motivation letter that explains why they chose to apply for this specific position with a statement of their research experience and interests and how these relate to this project;
- title and summary of their Master thesis.
To apply, click here
Deadline: December 31, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.