The Amsterdam Business Research Institute (ABRI) is currently welcoming applications for PhD students to conduct independent, high-quality research in Business and Management.
PhD candidates can rely on the intensive supervision and extensive training offered by ABRI’s leading researchers in the field. They will follow the four-year ABRI PhD Program at the School of Business and Economics. The school provides opportunities to attend conferences, meet other international researchers, and participate in various training modules that support PhD candidates’ knowledge and skill development. Many of our PhD candidates spend some time abroad during their careers. Prospects for the school’s doctoral graduates in the labor market are excellent, both inside and outside the academic world. The PhD candidates will receive a salary and a complete waiver of the PhD Program tuition fees.
The ABRI research tracks are:
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Digital Innovation and Transformation
- Operations Analytics
- Human Resource Management and Organizational Behaviour
- Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Duration: 4 years.
- The salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel and amounts to € 2.770 gross per month during the first year and increases to € 3.539 gross per month during the last year
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment,
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- a wide range of sports facilities which staff may use at a modest charge, contribution to commuting expenses,
- optional model for designing a personalized benefits package.
The candidate for the PhD Positions in Business and Management:
- A university master’s degree with excellent grades in business, economics, or related disciplines like psychology, sociology, industrial engineering, applied mathematics, etc.
- A research master’s degree (e.g., MRes, MPhil) is not required; however, graduating from a program with solid research training will be considered a plus.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- A proactive research orientation
- Candidates are expected to submit a motivation letter substantiating their motivation for pursuing a PhD at ABRI
- Candidates are expected to apply with a research statement outlining their research interest, the plans for their research project, and how these fit within the ABRI track they desire to apply for
Applications in one pdf should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including the contact details of two academics from a relevant field who may be contacted as a reference)
- Motivation letter
- Academic transcripts
- Research statement
- Academic diplomas
- Academic paper (e.g., Master thesis or article)
To apply for the PhD Positions in Business and Management at Vrije Universiteit, click here.
Deadline: January 05, 2024.
For more information on PhD Positions in Business and Management at Vrije Universiteit, visit the official site.