The Faculty of Science & Technology, University of Twente invites applications for its Ph.D. positions in Experimental Quantum Optics (BEC-NETWORK project) in the Netherlands.
Despite great advances in both algorithms and computer technology, even typical cases of many well-known mathematical optimization problems are too difficult to be solved on today’s computers. Unconventional approaches that break with the usual paradigms of digital electronic computers can help overcome these limitations. Optical spin-glass simulation is a novel method for solving such computationally intensive problems more efficiently.
The BEC-NETWORK project is funded by the European Research Council (ERC) and aims to build and study an optical simulator for classical spin models that consists of a network of coupled photon Bose-Einstein condensates in an optical microresonator. The candidate’s task will be to advance the work in our laboratories with experimental skills and a good theoretical understanding.
- A salary ranging from €2.395-€3.061gross per month.
- Additional benefits include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%. and
- A solid pension scheme.
- Master’s degree in physics, preferably with a specialization in quantum optics.
- Experimental skill and a good understanding of theory (quantum mechanics, statistical physics).
- A self-motivating person who enjoys solving a challenging task in a team of like-minded people.
Applications should include the following documents:
- Detailed CV.
- Motivation letter.
- Academic transcripts of your Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.