The University of Cape Town calls for applications to the Power Sector Investment and Market Transitions PhD Scholarship in Africa 2021.
Here, the PhD students in the Power Futures Lab at the Graduate School of Business (GSB) are expected to conduct full-time research in one of these following areas:
- Chinese investments in the power sector in Africa; or
- Distributed energy resources and power market transitions in Africa.
To apply for full-time PhD study through the standard processes for acceptance onto the GSB’s PhD programme, candidates must comply with the University of Cape Town’s approved policies, procedures and practices for postgraduate study.
R283, 000, research stipend per year.
- Applicants should have a first-class academic record,
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline, and will also have to
- Demonstrate ability and commitment to independent research within a small and diverse team.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter of their academic achievements
- Letter of motivation to undertake full-time PhD research
- State the rationale for their choice of the research topic
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and contacts of three referees who can attest to their academic and research abilities and character.
Applications may be sent to Fazlin Harribi: email@example.com
Deadline: August 30, 2020
For more information visit the official site.