The IUSSP Scientific Panel in collaboration with USC IIGH, WiSER, and ISER, calls for applications from early career researchers/practitioner professionals for the Population, Ethics, and Human Rights Fellowship Program 2022/2023.
This initiative aims to develop a new generation of scholars and practitioners involved with population register systems through direct mentoring and support, immersion in academic, policy, and practitioner networks, debates, exposure, and visibility through collaboration among fellows, as well as meetings, publications, and communication channels.
Deeper interdisciplinary cooperation is needed to address increasing moral and human rights problems when population registration systems are upgraded and digitized. The overall purpose of this initiative is to strengthen interdisciplinary perspectives, drawing on perspectives from history, economics, law, public policy, demography, and public health, into efforts that are transforming population data systems.
Duration: 12 months
The fellowship covers
- Stipend: US$27,500 over 12 months to cover all living expenses
- Travel Costs: Economy airfares from current residence to Johannesburg, between Johannesburg and Kampala, and between Kampala and Johannesburg, and home again
- Administrative Costs: Health insurance and visa costs
- The program is designed for exceptional early career professionals, scholars, and others with an interest in population register systems who:
- possess the skills and commitment to using the fellowship experience to provide leadership in improving Emerging Ethics and Human Rights Issues in the Digitization of Population Register Systems at the global, national or local level;
- bring a depth of expertise and knowledge about the ethics and/or rights issues embedded in the digitization of population register systems
- Applicants must have either completed PhD or at least 3-years of professional experience in the field of legal identity, global health, human rights, population studies, or related fields
- professional competence in English is compulsory
In addition to the general information requested in the form, applicants need to provide the following:
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter
- Description of the proposed research
- External references
To apply, click here.
Deadline: August 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.