Science for Africa Foundation Call for Applications: Preparing Outstanding Social Science Investigators to Benefit Lives and Environments in Africa Programme (POSSIBLE-Africa Fellowship Programme)
The POSSIBLE-Africa Fellowship Programme is a 24-month early postdoctoral fellowship opportunity for outstanding African scholars in the Social Sciences & Humanities, who propose research that aims to create evidence to inform sustainable development within the African continent.
POSSIBLE-Africa is a programme of the Science for Africa Foundation (SFA Foundation) that is being implemented with funding support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York. The fellowship opportunity also aligns with the goal of the SFA Foundation to address the continent’s most pressing developmental needs by generating knowledge that solves problems and informs decision-making.
The objectives of the fellowship programme are:
- Form a high-quality and equitable cohort of postdoctoral fellows in the social sciences and humanities (SS&H).
- Develop emerging independent research leaders and enhance training in SS&H.
- Establish an SS&H advisory board to guide POSSIBLE Africa fellowships and other SS&H initiatives of the SFA Foundation.
Duration: 24 months.
The POSSIBLE-Africa fellowship programme will provide funding of up to USD 65,000 to emerging SS&H leaders to conduct research addressing topics related to regional goals and those of the SFA Foundation.
To qualify for the POSSIBLE-Africa fellowship programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have completed their PhD in any SS&H discipline in the last 5-10 years prior to the application date.
- Be citizens of any African country.
- Have an affiliation (academic or non-academic) with an African Institute of higher learning or research Centre in any African Country.
- Females are encouraged to apply, as are scholars from marginalized and disadvantaged groups.
- The proposal can cover the breath of SS&H to include both core humanities disciplines, quantitative and qualitative SS&H.
Applicants for the POSSIBLE-Africa fellowship should submit their applications via the SFA Foundation’s grant management system Agaseke below.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: December 11, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.