The Chemical Engineering group of ENTEG at the University of Groningen seeks applications for talented and motivated Post-doc Electrocatalysis in Alkaline Cells for Green Hydrogen Production.
The position is part of the WaviatER, which is a consortium between the University of Groningen, DEMCON, and several other industrial partners. This project is partially funded by Samenwerkingsverband Noord-Nederland (SNN) and the European Union, aiming to the development of a highly efficient and stable mid-scale alkaline electrolyzer to be demonstrated at the Eelde Airport, Groningen. The WaviatER project is expected to play a crucial role in the transformation of the Northern Netherlands into a key region for green hydrogen production. In this context, the postdoc will work at the University of Groningen but in close collaboration with DEMCON, focusing on electrocatalytic materials development, cell validation, and characterization as well as evaluation of possible degradation phenomena.
Duration: 1 year
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- synthesis and characterization of electrode materials for alkaline electrolysis
- fabrication of alkaline cells with targeted characteristics
- validation and stability of the electrochemical cell
- preparation of scientific articles and conference communications
- participation in acquiring additional funds for this research line
- contribution to the scientific and collaborative research environment in the Chemical Engineering group and the ENTEG institute.
The Post-doc Electrocatalysis in Alkaline Cells for Green Hydrogen Production offers
- a salary of € 3,420 (salary scale 10) gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 4,490 gross per month for a full-time position (based on experience)
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
The Post-doc Electrocatalysis in Alkaline Cells for Green Hydrogen Production is open to:
- Motivated and skilled researcher with a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Electrochemistry, or related disciplines.
- Applicants with a background in electrocatalysis, electrochemical characterization techniques (e.g., impedance spectroscopy), and chemical synthesis should be proven.
- A successful candidate with a strong commitment to interdisciplinary research.
- Applicants with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Applicants are to send in the following documents for application:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of your MSc and PhD degree
- Other relevant documents (e.g., list of five relevant publications, list of three references, awards, etc.).
To apply for Post-doc Electrocatalysis in Alkaline Cells for Green Hydrogen Production, click here
Application Deadline: July 01, 2022.
For more information on Post-doc Electrocatalysis in Alkaline Cells for Green Hydrogen Production, visit the official site.