Applications are welcome for a 4-year PhD studentship or a 3-year postdoctoral research position in Prof. Matthias Heinemann’s research group at the Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute on Protein and RNA Structural Changing during the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle.
The eukaryotic cell cycle is a fascinating research topic. While they know many of the cell biological changes and biochemical control mechanisms, it turns out that there is still so much that they do not understand.
In this project, they will use budding yeast as a model and the latest experimental high-throughput methods to map the structural changes of proteins and RNA during the cell cycle. For this, we will make us limited-digestion mass spectrometry (LiP-MS) to determine the cell cycle-dependent changes in protein structures and in vivo structural probing to determine RNA changes. Therefore, they will collaborate with the two labs that have pioneered these techniques. The identified structural changes will provide us clues on how, for instance, our earlier identified metabolic changes might be accomplished in terms of regulation.
The Post-doc position in Protein and RNA Structural Changing during the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle offers
- a salary from a minimum of € 3,420 gross per month up to a maximum of € 4,490 gross per month based on a full-time position and depending on qualification and work experience
- a holiday allowance of 8% of gross annual income
- an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension
- scheme for employees
- The ideal candidate for this project is an experimental biologist with some affinity also for computational analysis of the acquired high-throughput data.
- A PhD degree in areas of (molecular) biology, biochemistry, or systems biology
- Excellent command of the English language with strong communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently, independently as well as in a team.
Applications for the Post-doc position in Protein and RNA Structural Changing during the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle should include (as a single PDF file):
- curriculum vitae, including details of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, labwork experience, and a publication list, if applicable
- cover letter with background and motivation to apply for this position
- detailed (maximum 2 pages) description of previous research experience
- contact details of 2 academic references who can provide information on the applicant’s suitability for the position.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: July 04, 2022.
For more information on the Post-doc in Protein and RNA Structural Changing during the Eukaryotic Cell Cycle, visit the official site.