The department of Social Sciences of Wageningen University invites applications for the Post-doc position in the Governance for a Circular Built Environment in Holland.
The CREATE project, which stands for ‘embedding advanced urban material stock methods within governance processes to enable circular economy and cities resilience’ focuses on the built environment and infrastructure (the largest urban infrastructures and communal assets, namely buildings, municipal roads, water, and wastewater pipes). Within the project, this postdoc position will focus on testing and designing new governance solutions for facilitating and accelerating the transition to the circular economy within the concrete renovation and building projects at the local level. Other work packages of the project will explore and visualize existing and future material stocks within urban buildings and infrastructure to facilitate the reuse of materials.
In his position as a Post-doc in the Governance for a Circular Built Environment, the candidate will:
- perform a quick scan of the governance context of the participating European cities to reveal and share best practices;
- identify and share decision-support methods and tools used by local governments;
- conduct experiments with new governance interventions to upscale, broaden, and deepen innovative pilots and practices;
- make use of a living lab approach to improve and co-create governance arrangements;
- organize international workshops and practitioner-oriented webinars to co-disseminate findings.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment such as;
- a competitive gross salary of between € 2.846 and €4.490 for a full-time
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- excellent pension scheme.
The Post-doc position in the Governance for a Circular Built Environment seeks applicants with the following qualifications:
- PhD in the field of Public Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Governance, or another relevant field;
- demonstrate project management or consultancy skills gained during studies, PhD or through other work experience;
- excellent understanding of public policy and governance and, preferably, action research or co-creation approaches;
- eager to contribute to sustainability transitions;
- affinity with infrastructure and/or the built environment;
- ability to perform tasks independently, has good organization and writing skills, and has affinity with working in transdisciplinary and multi-cultural consortia;
- fluent in English and Dutch.
Interested applicants are to send their applications including the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae including a publication list and the contact details of three references.
- a cover letter briefly describing their qualifications and motivation for this position.
- Academic transcripts
To apply for Post-doc in the Governance for a Circular Built Environment, click here.
Application Deadline: February 20, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.