The faculty of Biomedical Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) seeks applicants for a Post-Doc position in super-resolution microscopy of RNA nanotechnology and delivery.
The faculty of Biomedical Engineering has an opening in a multidisciplinary project combining advanced microscope and RNA delivery. Candidates will use super-resolution microscopy to study RNA nanostructures for the delivery of oligonucleotides to cells. DESTINATION brings together scientists from multiple fields to design novel RNA delivery carriers to target cancer and metabolic diseases. Their objective will be to use advanced methods such as STORM and PAINT super-resolution microscopy to acquire new knowledge about RNA delivery carriers’ structure and interactions with cells. The project will benefit from international collaborations with groups active in the field of imaging, RNA nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, and drug/gene delivery.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
The faculty of Biomedical Engineering seeks candidates with:
- PhD in Biophysics, Biomedical Engineering, chemical biology or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Experience with super-resolution and single molecule imaging, DNA/RNA structures and cell imaging is an asset.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which they describe their motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications and the contact information of three references.
- A digital copy of their PhD thesis (if very large you can send a link to a repository)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.