The Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) located at Amsterdam Science Park invites applications from Outstanding researchers to its Post-doc position in the area of discrete and continuous optimization.
The candidate will be expected to perform independent research and publish in high-quality conferences and journals. There are no teaching obligations at CWI, though the candidate may be asked to help with the organization of reading groups and seminars. A principal goal of this project is to develop a theory capable of explaining the performance of the many techniques used to solve integer programs, such as branch & bound, cutting planes, fast LP solving, and rounding heuristics. Complementary to this goal, the project aims to make progress on related fundamental open problems in the context of LP, IP, and discrepancy theory.
Duration: A full-time employment for 2 years.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
- Candidates should to have a PhD degree (by or close to the starting date) in computer science, mathematics and
- A strong background in at least one of the following areas: discrete & continuous optimization, high dimensional geometry and probability, approximation algorithms or fixed parameter tractability.
- Research experience within the subject areas of integer programming, linear programming or discrepancy theory is a plus.
- Excellent command of English is vital, and good academic writing and presentation skills.
The application should include;
- a motivation letter;
- a curriculum vitae with a list of publications, awards and presentations at conferences / workshops / seminars;
- A concise research statement, summarizing the applicants past research as well as future research goals;
- The contact information of two potential references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.