Applications are welcome from interested applicants for the Post-doc position on Direct Validation of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Measures in Circular Agriculture at Wageningen University & Research (WUR).
The widespread reintroduction of crops and livestock could make a major contribution to this, through the more active recycling of resources and the minimization of waste. However, this comes with sign cant challenges, including the potential for enhanced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, particularly methane emissions, from enteric fermentation as well as from the need to actively substitute all/most inorganic fertilizers with organic manures.
As a Post-doctoral researcher at the ERA_NET Relive project you will:
- evaluate innovative, more direct monitoring and verification methods and tools for adaptive management in circular farming systems
- work together with partners across the project, as well as with stakeholder organisations such as the Frisian waterboard (Wetterskip Frylân) to bring together multi-faceted information to support such methods and tools
- Endeavour in the design of GHG quantification in more complex agricultural systems such as ‘food forests’
- Participate in thesis supervision and teaching of MSc students on both technical and sociological aspects of ‘adaptive management’
- Work together with colleagues at WSG and their research partners to conduct field work, analyse and publish data on GHG exchange of pasture on peat lands.
Duration: 3 years
the Post-doc position on Direct Validation of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Measures in Circular Agriculture covers:
- The gross monthly salary will range from between €2.846 and €4.490;
- Sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- Working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- A fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- Excellent pension scheme;
- The option to accrue additional compensation / holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
The Post-doc position on Direct Validation of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Measures in Circular Agriculture requires candidates with:
- A PhD related to biogeochemistry, climate change, GHG exchange and reporting
- Experience with handling big and heterogeneous data sets
- Acquainted with agricultural systems
- Good publishing and report-writing skills
- Creativity to test novel and uncertain concepts
- Experience in science-policy interactions or stakeholder interactions
- A team worker, both within the own group and across countries.
- Ability to contact and engage with both farmers and government staff
- Proficiency in English, and willingness to learn Dutch
- Teaching or supervision experience
Applications for the Post-doc position on Direct Validation of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Measures in Circular Agricultureshould include the following information:
- a letter of motivation;
- a detailed CV;
- the names and email addresses of two references;
- a list of publications.
To apply for a Post-doc position on Direct Validation of Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Measures in Circular Agriculture, click here.
Application Deadline: March 14, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.