Wageningen University & Research seeks an enthusiastic post-doc researcher on the governance of integrating climate change adaptation measures with public health and other regional challenges.
Regions are increasingly confronted with implementing various transitions including climate change adaptation, health, agriculture, biodiversity, and energy. However, these transitions are often poorly integrated, resulting in missed opportunities and negative consequences. The focus is on collaborative governance arrangements that do not only enable ownership and support but also thrive innovation and transformative change. The postdoc will also contribute to an integration of all insights of the various projects into joint transition pathways for climate adaptation with positive effects on health, landscape, agriculture, and biodiversity in three Dutch rural regions.
MANTRA aims to develop an innovative system approach that integrates rural priorities for climate change with health risks and opportunities for local communities. It will co-create data, assessments, measures, and interventions for healthy climate adaptation in 3 rural living labs. The MANTRA projects involve different disciplines (health, climate, ecology, governance) and various actors such as universities, applied science institutes, assessment agencies, organizations for societal issues and citizen participation, health organizations, and various regional stakeholders.
As a postdoc researcher, the tasks for this position include:
- compare collaborative governance arrangements in the climate adaptation-health nexus
- assess various tools and methods to engage citizens in regional transitions
- co-design joint transition pathways
- set-up and maintain collaborations with scientific partners and Dutch stakeholders and perform project management tasks.
- a competitive gross salary of between €4.093 and €5.230 for the full-time;
- sabbatical leave partially paid parental leave;
- Working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- The option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- There is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee
- A fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- Excellent pension scheme.
Wageningen is looking for a postdoc candidate who:
- has a PhD (or is near completion of a PhD) in the field of Public Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Governance, or another relevant field;
- has an affinity with climate adaptation and health issues;
- likes to engage in transdisciplinary research, collaborating with both scientists from across disciplines and societal actors;
- can demonstrate project management skills gained during studies, PhD or through other work experience;
- is able to perform tasks independently and in teams, has good organization and writing skills, and is fluent in both English and Dutch
Interested applicants can use the online tool to apply and upload their
- Curriculum Vitae; and
- motivation letter
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: June 25, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.