Applications are currently welcome for Post-doctoral Research Associates positions in Plant Transformation and Synthetic Biology in the laboratory of C. Neal Stewart, Jr. at the University of Tennessee in the Department of Plant Sciences.
The positions are grant-funded. Postdocs will primarily be responsible for improving the genetic engineering of plants and altering DNA for more effective gene expression and trait development in crops, which include a subset of the following models, potato, soybean, canola, grasses such as switchgrass, and duckweed. The postdocs will improve the genetics of plants to help address real-world challenges in agriculture and the environment. Collaborations will include scientists and staff within and outside of the university. Applications are especially welcome from postdoc applicants whose interests are in the high throughput screening of DNA in plant cells using automation and robotics, as well as synthetic biology. Postdocs give presentations, write reports and write manuscripts intended for publication.
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Duration: A full-time employment for 2 years.
Salary is based on experience and qualifications according to UT policy. In addition, the University of Tennessee provides an excellent fringe benefits package.
- Applicants should have a PhD prior to joining the lab in plant biology or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience (e.g., publications) in molecular biology, cell biology, and/or biotechnology is required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with strong publication records, considerable drive and motivation, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Further, the positions require excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a highly interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- The postdocs will work in a team environment and will help train junior scientists and students
- All postdocs in the lab are to generate at least one first-author paper per year from their UT work.
Interested applicants should apply at http://hr.utk.edu/recruitment/. Applicants should submit:
- current CV
- a cover letter that includes research experience, interests and possible starting date, and
- the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three references.
To apply for the Post-Doctoral Research Associate Positions in Plant Science, click here.
Application Deadline: Unspecified
For more information on Post-Doctoral Research Associate Positions in Plant Science, University of Tennessee, visit the official site.