The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Physics calls for applications for a Post-doctoral researcher, a Chip-based platform for exploring the interface between quantum mechanics and general relativity.
This project aims to develop and characterize an experimental platform that is compatible with the requirements for such an ‘entanglement through gravity’ experiment. The objectives of the research are to trap and levitate a picogram mass, cool its center-of-mass motion to the quantum ground state, couple its motion to a controllable qubit system, and, finally, produce and measure a spatial superposition of the mass.
The post-doc will work closely together with the PI and two PhD students, building a cryogenic measurement environment, setting up a new dilution refrigerator, designing, simulating, and fabricating devices, and experimentally testing, characterizing, and measuring them.
The tasks for the Post-doctoral Researcher, Chip-Based Platform for Exploring the Interface position include:
- Design, fabricate, test, and on-chip superconducting quantum devices
- Experimentally realize a levitation compatible setup at cryogenic temperatures.
- Publish academic papers and present at academic conferences;
- Communicating closely and effectively with the team members;
- Assist with teaching and student supervision;
- Provide daily supervision for PhD students on this project
The Postdoctoral Researcher position on Chip-Based Platform for Exploring the Interface offers;
- a competitive gross salary range from €2846,- tot €4490,- gross per month,
- they offer an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses(8.3 %),
- training and career development and sabbatical leave
They seek candidates with
- A PhD in physics on measurement of superconducting quantum devices, optomechanical devices, levitation of nanoparticles, or a related subject.
- Excellent command of the English language coupled with excellent communication skills;
- Well-developed research skills;
- Excellent social skills in order to be able to work in a team environment.
- Previous experience in clean-room fabrication techniques or measurement of superconducting quantum devices is an advantage.
Interested applicants for Post-doctoral Researcher, Chip-Based Platform for Exploring the Interface can apply with the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a publication list.
- A short motivation (max one page) on why they would like to join the group and about their research interests.
- Contact details of two previous/current supervisors who can be contacted for a reference.
To apply for the Post-doctoral Researcher, Chip-Based Platform for Exploring the Interface, click here
Application Deadline: August 31, 2022.
For more information on Post-doctoral Researcher, Chip-Based Platform for Exploring the Interface, visit the official site.