The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) is looking for a Post-doctoral Researcher in Secure AI Systems.
Deep Learning approaches based on Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) models are extensively utilized and very successful in a wide range of application areas. For CNN model inference, they nowadays witness a shift from the Cloud to the Edge. Unfortunately, deploying and inferring large, compute- and memory-intensive CNNs on edge devices is challenging because these devices typically have limited power budgets and compute/memory resources. Furthermore, performing CNN computations at the edge leads to a much larger attack surface compared to the cloud scenario. An important issue to be investigated in the aforementioned context is how vulnerable CNNs at the edge are to malicious attacks causing permanent/temporary failure or leakage of secret information. In addition, research needs to be performed on how the identified vulnerabilities can be mitigated, considering the limited resources of the edge devices, thereby trading off security vs. energy efficiency and performance.
Duration: The position is for 2 years
- The candidate’s role in the project is to perform the aforementioned vulnerability analysis as well as to propose specific mitigation techniques at the hardware and/or software level.
- Participate in project consortium meetings and write research articles on their research results.
- A full-time postdoc position, with a salary range from € 2960,- to € 4670,- gross per month
- 8% holiday allowance and the 8,3% year-end allowance;
- training and career development and sabbatical leave.
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
The Post-doctoral Researcher in Secure AI Systems seeks candidates with:
- A PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science;
- Expertise in embedded systems and security as well as in Deep Learning on resource-constrained devices;
- Excitement about working in a team with fellow researchers and PhD students;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Creative thinking and high motivation;
- Excellent proficiency in the English language.
Interested applicants are to ensure that they upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Letter of Motivation,
- The names of two references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.