The faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) seeks candidates interested in applying synthetic biology techniques to mammalian cells with the goal of developing orthogonal cell-cell communication technologies that can be applied in diagnostics or cell therapy for its postdoc position.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) offers a research-driven BME Bachelor program and Masters in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Engineering in its Graduate Program. Its research areas range from Molecular Bioengineering and Imaging, Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering to Biomedical Imaging and Modelling.
They are looking for an experimental scientist with an affinity for the cellular engineering of mammalian cells. The approach is positioned at the interface of cell biology, chemical biology, and synthetic biology.
Duration: A full-time employment for 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
- They will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
They seek a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in Synthetic Biology, Cell Biology or Molecular Biology
- A good background in engineering gene circuits, cloning and culturing of mammalian cells.
- Several publications in peer-reviewed journals
- A good background in analysis of experimental data using Matlab or Python.
- Excellent communication skills and written/verbal knowledge of the English language;
- A team player that enjoys working in multidisciplinary teams
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form below.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter describing the motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications, the contact information of
three references and a list of international conference and journal contributions (if any).
- List of three self-selected ‘best publications.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 06, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.