The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) at the University of Twente invites applications for Post-Doctoral Researchers positions in Direct Air Capture of Co2.
The Thermal Engineering Laboratory (TE), has an open postdoctoral position available in the research domain of CO2 capture from ambient air. The job includes designing, developing, and testing a novel, solid sorbent-based direct air capture reactor suitable for a medium-scale DAC system relevant to the Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) production process. It captures CO2 from the ambient air and releases it as a CO2-rich gas for applications such as carbonated soft drinks.
As Post-Doctoral Researchers in Direct Air Capture of Co2, candidates will:
- be responsible for reporting and interaction with the CCEP team as well.
- develop the complete DAC system including efficient heat management, and perform a techno-economic analysis.
- perform the development, modeling, and experimental testing of a novel system for CO2 capture from ambient air for the CCEP production processes.
- Be responsible for carrying out the research, as well as acquire experience in supervising MSc students.
The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- Gross salary between € 3.557,- and € 4.670,- per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- Excellent benefits include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme.
- They encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers, and other university staff.
Candidates for the Post-Doctoral Researcher Position in Direct Air Capture of Co2 should meet the following requirements:
- proven experience in CO2 capture processes with a preference for solid sorbents.
- have expertise in the system-level development of chemical/energy processes.
- have skills in modeling, experimental research, and techno-economics.
- think independently, develop creative and original work, and are problem solvers with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- want to work in international and multi-disciplinary environments.
- are proficient in English, both speaking and writing.
- have already conducted eminent academic research in the given discipline, which is reflected in publications in high-quality academic journals and peer-reviewed books.
- a cover letter emphasizing the specific interest, qualifications, and motivations to apply for this position.
- a detailed CV including a publication list, relevant courses attended, and contact details of at least 3 references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.