The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) is looking for a Post-doctoral Researcher, in Social Media Analytics for Algorithmic Profiling.
The research will be conducted in the Achieving Accountable Algorithmic Profiling program (A3P). The position forms a bridge between two of Leiden University’s Interdisciplinary Research Programmes: Social Resilience and Security and the AI programme SAILS, collectively aiming to contribute to the creation of a Leiden University Algorithmic Resilience Hub.
The position involves research in artificial intelligence, in particular social network analysis, and natural language processing in the context of, amongst others, profiling and misinformation. This topic is of great societal importance.
The work includes but is not limited to: planning the research, developing software, tools, and experiments, publishing findings, and co-authoring scientific output with the other team members. Moreover, as the Accountable Algorithmic Profiling program (A3P) is growing and expanding, the position involves taking initiatives to reach out and engage with colleagues already involved, as well as making new connections.
Duration: 3.5 years
The tasks for this position Post-doctoral Researcher, in Social Media Analytics for Algorithmic Profiling include;
- planning the research,
- developing software,
- tools and experiments,
- publishing findings,
- co-authoring scientific output with the other team members,
- as well as organizing and participating in conferences and communication with the general public,
- Leiden University offers a full-time, fixed-term post for three years, with a salary range from € 2.960,- tot € 4.670,- gross per month;
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%),
- Training and career development and sabbatical leave.
The Postdoctoral Researcher position, in Social Media Analytics for Algorithmic Profiling seeks a candidate with the following key qualifications:
- A PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, or a similar field;
- Experience in social media analytics or working with social media data
- Excitement about working in a multidisciplinary team, with a goal that is of high social relevance;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Community-minded, enjoying networking and growing a research community on a topic of great societal relevance;
- Creative thinking and high motivation;
- Excellent proficiency in the English language.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Letter of Motivation,
- The names of two references who can be contacted for shortlisted candidates.
To apply as a Post-doctoral Researcher, in Social Media Analytics for Algorithmic Profiling, click here
Application Deadline: August 27, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.