The Energy, Materials, and Systems research (EMS) group at the University of Twente’s Faculty of Science and Technology is looking for exceptional and ambitious Post-Doctoral researchers to assist them in their superconductivity and cryogenics research.
The research of EMS is application-oriented and focused on high-current superconductivity and on cryogenics. A large part of the R&D effort is on sustainable energy, with the ambition of developing technologies, materials, and systems that play a key role in emerging energy chains. Superconducting solutions are for instance are sightseen in wind turbines, material separation (for recycling technology), and future cryo-mechatronics. Apart from the cooling of superconducting magnets, cryogenics is relevant in life science, food, and medical applications and is also developed for low-vibration applications such as quantum technology and gravitational wave observatories.
EMS greatly benefits from its internationally recognized expertise and unique infrastructure and has an excellent track record in international projects that enable Big Science in organizations such as CERN, ESA, and ITER.
Duration: 4 years
- salary amounts, depending on education and experience, equals minimum of € 3.420,- to a maximum of € 4.490,- gross per month.
The offer further involves:
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a solid pension scheme
- a minimum of 29 holidays;
- numerous professional and personal development programmes.
- The Post-Doctoral position on Energy, Materials, and Systems (EMS) is open for new Post-Doc researchers.
- Applicants with MSc in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and who want to join in one of these positions, can send in their motivation and CV.
- Experience in superconductivity and/or cryogenics iswelcome.
All applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including obtained degrees and publications),
- a short motivation letter, and
- references (at least 3).
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: April 08, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.