The Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS) calls for applications for postdoctoral positions in Computer science and Engineering.
The position will be with the Computer Science department at TU Delft, but the candidate should be available to work 3-4 days per week at the AMS Research Institute. The candidate will interact with researchers at TU Delft and AMS, but also with people at the municipality of Amsterdam.
The AMS Institute is a public-private institution founded in 2014 by Delft University of Technology and Wageningen University & Research, together with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. We are a young and ambitious international institute at the forefront of innovation, situated at the nexus between industry, government, and academia. Engaging and developing the latest technology and science with research, experiments, and projects in the city of Amsterdam, we take on the challenges posed by our rapidly urbanizing world.
Their mission is to develop a deep understanding of the city – sense the city – to design solutions for its challenges and integrate these into the city of Amsterdam.
- The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package,
- A discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and
- A monthly work costs contribution.
- An International Children’s Center offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
- Applicants must have a PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a closely related field.
- However, candidates with a Master degree and strong desire for innovation also can apply.
- Background in Embedded Systems is a requirement.
- The ideal candidate has programming skills, but also the ability to work with hardware.
- Expertise on machine learning, cyber security or cyber-physical systems is desired.
- The successful applicant should have excellent writing skills, a team player personality and the desire to work in a multidisciplinary and public-private collaboration.
- Speaking and understanding Dutch is considered an advantage, but not a prerequisite.
Candidates are to apply via the application button and add the following documents to their application:
- Optional: Motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- Detailed CV highlighting competitive academic performance.
- The CV should include the name and contact information of at least two referees.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2022.
For more information on Postdoc Computer Science & Electrical Engineering, visit the official site.