Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, Radboud Medical University is looking for highly self-motivated candidates who are curious and enthusiastic about scientific research and who will work with others in the institute to solve problems and contribute to high-quality neuroscience investigations using Machine Learning Tools for Clinical Neuroimaging Data.
The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour is a world-leading centre for cognitive neuroscience and offers a unique, multidisciplinary working and learning environment with opportunities for developing expertise in a diversity of research areas and techniques.
At a high level, the focus of these projects is to develop novel statistical and pattern recognition approaches for analyzing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) data (structural MRI, functional MRI, connectivity) in the first instance in addition to smartphone-based digital phenotyping data (providing quantitative measurements of behaviour) and satellite monitoring data (providing measures of the environment). Many of the projects also focus on applications to mental health disorders (e.g. depression, bipolar disorder, autism).
The Postdoc position in ‘Development Statistical and Machine Learning include the following task:
- Discuss, plan and perform research in a stimulating environment.
- Develop statistical approaches for data analysis from fundamental principles.
- Apply these statistical models to large-scale population cohorts.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present at international scientific conferences.
- Produce software tools to enable the use of the wider scientific community.
- Assist with the supervision of students and junior staff.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of international scientists.
The Postdoc position in ‘Development Statistical and Machine Learning offers the following benefits:
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.047 and € 4.800 (scale of 10) based on full-time employment.
- An annual vacation allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- An allowance for irregular hours.
- Radboud university medical centre pays 70% of the pension premium. Candidates pay the rest of the premium with their gross salary.
- Discount on health insurance as well: they can take advantage of two group health insurance plans.
Applicants for the Postdoc in ‘Development Statistical and Machine Learning should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a doctoral degree in a numerate discipline such as statistics, computer science, engineering, cognitive neuroscience/psychology or another relevant field of study.
- Highly proficient in programming in languages such as Python, R, Matlab or C++.
- A strong academic track record, including publications in international journals.
- A proactive attitude, good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Experience with neuroimaging data analysis techniques and software (e.g. FSL, FreeSurfer, SPM).
- A strong interest in biological or theoretical neuroscience.
- An interest in clinical applications of machine learning.
- Prior experience with smartphone or satellite monitoring technology.
Interested applicants for the Postdoc in ‘Development Statistical and Machine Learning are welcome to apply, however, all applications should include
- A Cover Letter and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) that illustrates why they fit the position by specifically addressing the points under the “Job requirements” section above.
- Also, the CV should also include the name and e-mail address of at least two references.
To apply for a Postdoc in ‘Development Statistical and Machine Learning, click here.
Application Deadline: September 29, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.