Applications are welcome for Postdoc ‘Multimodal integration and prediction models of neuroimaging and genomics data with applications to mental health’.
The overall focus of the FAMILY Consortium is to better understand the intergenerational transmission of mental health problems, such as mood disorders and psychosis, via multilevel research from the inheritance of the molecular DNA, to the epigenomic and (shared/familial) environmental processes, and systems neuroscience. Our role in this consortium is to integrate genomics and neuroimaging MRI data in ways that allow informative individual (genomic) profiling and (normative/predictive) modeling across different cohorts.
As a postdoc, the candidate will apply data-driven multivariate statistical techniques (e.g. PCA, ICA) and develop new analysis pipelines for interpretation and individual profiling on the basis of genomic data, and structural and functional MRI, in very large datasets (UK Biobank, ABCD, Generation R), with application to smaller, more clinically focused cohorts. You will also produce software or tools to enable other researchers to take advantage of the innovations produced in these projects. The projects are all highly interdisciplinary and integrate machine learning and statistics with neuroimaging, clinical neuroscience, and psychiatry.
The Postdoc in Multimodal Integration and Prediction Models of Neuroimaging and Genomics Data has the following tasks
- Discuss, plan and perform research in a stimulating environment.
- Optimize and apply new multivariate statistical approaches for genomic and neuroimaging analysis.
- Apply these statistical models to large-scale population cohorts and (smaller) clinical family trio datasets.
- Write scientific papers and publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present at international scientific conferences.
- Produce software tools to enable the use of the wider scientific community.
- Assist with the supervision of (Master) students and more junior staff.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of international scientists.
- Collaborate with our consortium partners with excellent opportunities to develop and expand academic networks.
The Postdoc in Multimodal Integration and Prediction Models of Neuroimaging and Genomics Data offers
- Salary ranging between min € 2986 – max € 4707 gross per month
- In addition to the monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, the candidate will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- They will receive an allowance If they work irregular hours.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium.
- They get a discount on health insurance as well: they can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
Applicants for the Postdoc in Multimodal Integration and Prediction Models of Neuroimaging and Genomics Data should have the following qualifications:
- Completion of the doctoral PhD degree in a numerate relevant scientific discipline such as statistics, computer science, engineering, cognitive neuroscience, (neuro)psychology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, or other relevant fields of study.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming in languages such as Python, R, Matlab or C++, Bash/Shell.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of advanced statistics, including multivariate methods.
- Some experience in either:
- structural or functional MRI research or
- complex multifactorial genetics, behavioral genetics, psychiatric genetics.
- Demonstrated scientific writing skills in English, evident from first-author journal articles.
- A strong academic track record, including publications in international journals.
- A proactive attitude, good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
Qualified applicants for Postdoc in Multimodal Integration and Prediction Models of Neuroimaging and Genomics Data are requested to send;
- a CV with a full publication list
- a letter describing their interest in the position,
- experience and career goals, and
- the names and contact information of two references
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: August 10, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.