The Department of Public Law & Governance at Tilburg University is looking for a Postdoc in Public Administration.
Tilburg University is looking for a candidate with excellent academic qualities, strong experience in doing (qualitative) empirical fieldwork, an interest in crossing disciplinary borders (Public Administration; Urban Planning; Law). The candidate is also willing and able to engage with the field of practice and knows how to translate the implications from academic research to the implications of these findings for practice.
The candidate will function in an international (Belgium, Norway, Poland, and the Netherlands) and interdisciplinary (public administration, law, urban planning, and the arts) research team. The post-doc researcher will do fieldwork consisting of observations and interviews in a yet to be determined Dutch city and will play a role in organizing and analyzing the Drama Labs in which we, drawing on the expertise of theatre professionals, will experiment with theatre-based methods.
Nevertheless, experience with incorporating the role of law in policy research or experience with and knowledge of the new Dutch Environmental Law -Omgevingswet- is not necessary, but welcomed. however, the candidate will also play a pivotal role in drawing cross-national conclusions, so should be interested in, and ideally have some experience with, cross-case comparison.
Primary Location: Tilburg University at Tilburg, in the Netherlands.
Start Date: April 1, 2022.
Duration: Maximum of 30 months.
The Postdoc in Public Administration at Tilburg University covers:
- The starting gross salary varies between €3,821 and €5,230 per month
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A 41-day of paid recreational leave per year.
The Tilburg University seeks a candidate who possesses the following qualifications and qualities:
- have a PhD in Public Administration, Policy Studies, Urban Planning, Sociology of Law or in a related discipline directly relevant to the positions advertised;
- show an ability to contribute to international academic debates through written contributions (peer-reviewed articles, conference papers, books, etc.);
- have a proven interest in questions related to democratic governance and are familiar with the policy instruments often used to do so;
- are willing and able to contribute to international debate in this field;
- have proven experience with qualitative empirical fieldwork, such as observation and qualitative interviews
- are able to work in an interdisciplinary context; are interested in and preferably experience with action-research;
- can interact excellently with professional actors operating in Dutch cities; you are fluent in Dutch.
Interested applicants for the Tilburg University position are to send their applications including the following documents:
- A resume,
- A publication list,
- Two writing samples (one of a peer-reviewed English publication and one for a non-academic audience), and
- A minimum of two references, (including name, telephone number and email address).
Application Deadline: February 16, 2022.
For more information on Postdoc in Public Administration at Tilburg University, visit the official site.