The Wageningen University & Research institute calls for applications for a Postdoc in UAV/Drones for Real-Time Data Processing in Agriculture.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will work within the context of the 2-years and contribute towards the development of an autonomous fleet of UAVs that will collaboratively look for diseases in the grapevines from a wide vineyard in Spain. The candidate will work with UAVs/Drones, edge computing, and machine/deep learning, in collaboration with international and national knowledge institutes and companies.
Their work will be conducted mainly at Information Technology Group, in the Social Artificial Intelligent Drones (SAID) Lab at Wageningen University (NL). They will also engage in field tests of the developed technology and develop algorithms for (near) real-time processing of UAVs/drones data in an agricultural field.
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and they provide excellent training opportunities. They are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
the Postdoc position in UAV/Drones for Real-Time Data Processing in Agriculture covers;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
The Postdoc in UAV/Drones seek a motivated candidate with:
- a PhD in Robotics, Remote sensing, Computer Science, or Engineering;
- expertise in UAV/Drones;
- expertise processing multispectral and LIDAR data;
- good oral and writing communication skills in English
- excellent programming skills in Python and/or Matlab;
- experience in national and international research projects.
To apply for this position, candidates are strongly encouraged to provide, via their letter of motivation,
- online profiles in LinkedIn,
- Google scholar, personal webpage, and/or
To apply for a Postdoc in UAV/Drones for Real-Time Data Processing in Agriculture, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021.
For more information on Postdoc in UAV/Drones for Real-Time Data Processing in Agriculture, visit the official site.