Radboud university medical center has a vacancy for an excellent post-doctoral research associate to work on a project focusing on the development and application of advanced methods for the analysis of the human visual system based on clinical neuroimaging data.
The focus of this project is to develop normative models of various functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) measures of the human visual system based on existing large-scale neuroimaging datasets, and apply these (in collaboration with the department of ophthalmology) to better understand an individual’s neural response to vision loss (e.g. neural plasticity, neural degeneration) and how this response might explain individual differences in functional vision in daily life activities. They will employ a range of MRI data-analysis techniques (structural and functional connectivity modeling, brain morphometry) including established and advanced approaches (e.g. connectivity gradient modeling, connective field modeling), and implement a software platform to enable other researchers and clinicians to take advantage of the innovations produced in this project.
The candidate for the Normative Modelling of the Human Visual System will perform the following tasks
- Discuss, plan and perform research in a stimulating environment.
- Develop normative models of the human visual system using large-scale MRI datasets.
- Apply these normative models to understand neural responses to vision loss.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present at international scientific conferences.
- Produce software tools to enable for the use of the wider scientific community.
- Assist with the supervision of students and more junior staff.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of international scientists.
Duration: 3 years
The Normative Modelling of the Human Visual System position covers
- The position provides annual courses, both professional and personal.
- In addition to the monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, they will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- Radboud university medical center provides 70% of the pension premium.
- The candidate will get a discount on health insurance as well.
The Postdoc Normative Modelling of the Human Visual System position seeks a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Experience with (advanced) neuroimaging data analysis techniques and software.
- Highly proficient in programming using e.g. Python, R, Matlab, shell scripting and/or C++.
- A strong academic track-record, including publications in international journals.
- A strong interest in visual neuroscience, brain plasticity and neural degeneration.
- An interest in clinical applications of neuroimaging statistics and modeling.
- Experience with neuroimaging methods development.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form by clicking the link below.
To apply for Postdoc Normative Modelling of the Human Visual System, click here.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.