Applications are welcome at Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands for Postdoctoral positions on Environmental Plant Physiology for Optimization of Nutritional Value of Vegetables (Full-Time)
Vertical farming is a novel technology where plants are grown on many stacked layers with LED light. It is a secure and sustainable route to provide cities with fresh food. This program targets a revolution in the production of fresh vegetables. The ambition is a secure and sustainable vegetable supply: no pesticides, no nutrient emission, only 2-4 liters water per kg produce, at least twentyfold less land use, lower food mileage, less waste, and lower energy use per kg produce compared to greenhouses. These vegetables have a greatly improved quality (taste, aroma, appearance, shelf life, nutritional value, safety) compared to conventionally produced vegetables. The Sky High program will develop concepts for the design and control of vertical farms that meet all mentioned targets on sustainability, yield, and quality, based on a fundamental understanding of the different components of vertical farming.
Duration: A full-time employment for 2 years.
The Postdoc on Environmental Plant Physiology for Optimization of Nutritional Value of Vegetable covers:
- A competitive gross salary of between € 2.846,- and € 4.490,- for a full-time
- A fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- Working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- Excellent ABP pension regulations.
The school is looking for a result-driven team player with creative ideas, excellent communication skills as well as good proficiency in English (both oral and written).
- a PhD in plant sciences and you have published some high-quality papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- enjoy supervising BSc, MSc and PhD students and have excellent collaboration skills.
- are capable to operate in an international and multi-disciplinary environment.
- have proven a profound knowledge of measuring techniques and analysing physiological processes.
- have a strong affinity with building research tools and setups for plant experiments under fully controlled conditions.
Interested applicants for the Postdoc on Environmental Plant Physiology for Optimization of Nutritional Value of Vegetables are to send their applications including the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae including a publication list and the contact details of three references.
- a cover letter briefly describing their qualifications and motivation for this position.
- Academic transcript
To apply for the Postdoc on Environmental Plant Physiology for Optimization of Nutritional Value of Vegetables, click here.
Application Deadline: February 08, 2022.
For more information on Postdoc on Environmental Plant Physiology for Optimization of Nutritional Value of Vegetables, visit the official site.