The Delft University of Technology invites applications for PostDoc positions on Reinforcement Learning in the Real World.
In the Mercury Machine Learning Lab, researchers from the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) will be working together with Booking.com on various improved recommendation systems. The collaboration provides the unique opportunity to test AI techniques in the real world, allowing new machine learning methods to be safely developed for wide applications, for example in mobility, energy, or healthcare. In addition to the existing researchers, the Mercury Machine Learning Lab will comprise six PhD candidates and two PostDocs who will work on six different projects related to bias and generalization problems over the course of the next five years.
This PostDoc position will focus on reinforcement learning. Possible directions of interest are:
- Bayesian reinforcement learning
- Multi-agent / concurrent reinforcement learning
- Causal reinforcement learning
Duration: 2 years
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The candidate should have:
- a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence (AI) or closely related topics in computer science, mathematics, or physics.
- an excellent track record in the general area of machine learning,
- excellent math skills.
- a thorough understanding of reinforcement learning.
- fluency in English
The ideal candidate:
- is interested in working in a multi-disciplinary project also involving causal inference, recommender systems, and natural language processing
- has strong coding skills and experience with deep learning frameworks
- is a strong communicator, can work well in a team, and is willing to interact with both business and academic advisors
- is self-motivated to do cutting-edge research
Interested applicants can apply via the application button and upload their motivation letter and CV.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
For more information, visit the official site.