The Department of Water Management welcomes application from an ambitious and enthusiastic Postdoc in the field of “groundwater treatment” with good knowledge on environmental engineering, with a specific interest in (microbial) geochemistry.
The Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering, and design. It delivers world class results in education, research, and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health, and digital society.
The key job responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research on arsenic removal from groundwater, as part of a broader research project on utilizing natural groundwater iron for the removal of arsenic. The project overarches the fields of environmental engineering, geochemistry, and biotechnology, requires the candidate and open attitude towards these different research disciplines.
- Co-supervising Ph.D. and MSc students and bringing them to successful completion and disseminating research outcomes effectively via internationally leading journals and conferences.
- Education: Contributing to the teaching of the MSc course “Water Treatment Research” in TU Delft MSc track Environmental Engineering.
- Organization: Contributing to organizational/administrative activities and committees within the Department of Water Management and the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- € 2.790,00 – € 4.402,00 monthly salary
- The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package,
- A discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and
- A monthly work costs contribution,
- Flexible work schedules can be arranged,
- An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
The successful candidate:
- holds a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in engineering or science;
- has proven ability to deliver high-quality research as evidenced in the publications record;
- has the capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students, and stakeholders ;
- possess a good understanding of the higher education environment including diversity and inclusion values.
Interested applicants should submit
- a detailed CV, along with a short letter of motivation and ‘personal research & teaching statement’ (maximum 3 pages),
- contact information of two persons who can provide references,
- a publication list,
- an abstract of their MSc and Ph.D. thesis and
- two selected publications.
Application Deadline: March 21, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.