The Cryptology group of Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) calls for applications from young postdoctoral researchers interested in both codes and lattices in the context of cryptography.
The goal is to make major progress in both research areas, by comparing them, by transferring techniques back and forth, or even by developing a unifying theory. All angles relevant to cryptography are considered, from construction to cryptanalysis, and from theory to practice.
Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) is the Dutch national research institute for mathematics and computer science and is an institute of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). The mission of CWI is to conduct pioneering research in mathematics and computer science, generating new knowledge in these fields and conveying it to trade, industry, and society at large. CWI strongly encourages everyone with the appropriate qualifications to apply for the vacancy, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, or physical abilities.
Start Date: April 1, 2021
Duration: 2 years
- The gross salary ranges from € 3,653 to € 4,452
- Holiday and a year-end bonus
- Attractive working conditions, including flexible scheduling and help with housing for ex-pat employees.
Candidates for the position in CWI should meet the following requirements:
- have completed PhD in the area of computer science or mathematics, and a specialization in cryptology or neighboring area of particular relevance to the project (e.g., coding theory or number theory).
- Proven research talent (shown e.g. by articles in leading publication venues or journals).
- Good academic writing and presentation skills (in English).
- Programming skills may be a plus.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
For more information visit the official site.