The University of Hong Kong invites applications for appointment as a Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Urban Planning and Design at the University of Hong Kong.
The Urban Planning and Design project aims to scrutinize how multi-dimensional housing inequalities are wrought under the ongoing economic recession caused by Covid-19, the uneven geographies of global capital flows, and new forms of financialization anchored by governments in pandemic-stricken megacities around the globe.
The appointee will work on a research project entitled “Multi-dimensional Housing Inequalities in Pandemic-stricken Megacities”, under the supervision of Professor Shenjing He and the Social Infrastructure for Equity and Wellbeing Lab (SIEW Lab) in the Faculty of Architecture.
- A highly competitive salary in addition to
- annual leave and
- medical benefits.
- Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in Urban Studies, Urban Planning, Housing Studies, Human Geography, Housing Economics, Public Health, or other related fields with a strong research track record.
- They should also have skills in both qualitative and quantitative research;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills; and
- The ability to work systematically and with others.
- Preference will be given to applicants with skills in big data analytics, spatial analysis, and
- proficiency in both English and Chinese.
Applicants should apply online and upload
- an up-to-date C.V.
- a cover letter/statement of interest and
- a representative publication.
Enquires about the post can be sent to Professor Shenjing He (e-mail: email@example.com ).
Application Deadline: November 8, 2020
For more information, visit the official sites.