The Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behavior at Radboud university medical center seek an excellent post-doctoral research associate to work on a European Research Council-funded project that aims to develop and apply advanced statistical and machine learning methods for the analysis of passive smartphone monitoring (‘digital phenotyping’) data.
This project has a strong and analytical focus. The candidate will be expected to develop machine learning techniques from basic principles, including both classical statistical and machine learning techniques (e.g. Bayesian and regularization-based methods) and deep learning technology (e.g. recurrent neural networks). The successful candidate will also be expected to produce software tools to enable other researchers to take advantage of the innovations produced in this project. In addition, the project will also involve curation and quality control of large digital phenotyping datasets plus elements of multi-modal data fusion.
- Discuss, plan and perform research in a stimulating environment.
- Develop statistical approaches for data analysis from fundamental principles.
- Apply these statistical models to large-scale population cohorts.
- Publish findings in peer-reviewed journals and present at international scientific conferences.
- Produce software tools to enable for the use of the wider scientific community.
- Assist with the supervision of students and more junior staff.
- Work in an interdisciplinary team of international scientists.
The Postdoc Position: Develop Statistical and Machine Learning Tools cover:
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- A free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium.
This postdoc position on Developing Statistical and Machine Learning Tools seeks
- postdoc with a strong interest in biological or theoretical neuroscience, and an interest in clinical applications of machine learning.
- Applicant with prior experience with smartphone monitoring technology as well as experience with neuroimaging data analysis techniques and software (e.g. FSL, FreeSurfer, SPM) is desirable, but not essential. \
- Applicant with prior hands-on experience in machine learning and AI-based techniques.
- A proactive attitude, good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Other highly desirable characteristics including experience with similar sources of data.
The application of the Postdoc Position: Develop Statistical and Machine Learning Tools should include:
- A motivation letter
- A curriculum vitae, and
To apply for the Postdoc Position: Develop Statistical and Machine Learning Tools, click here.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2021.
For more information on the Postdoc Position: Develop Statistical and Machine Learning Tools, visit the official site.