The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET) at Twente University seeks applications from interested applicants for its postdoctoral position on Fabrication And Characterization of Thermal Routers Based on 2d Heterostructures and Graphite.
In this project, the candidate will develop thermal routers with a core made of graphite, exploiting its high thermal conductivity and flexible properties, and an ultra-high thermal resistive capping layer based on 2D heterostructures to facilitate heat to flow along with the graphite core. The thermal routers and the insolation layer must be compact and flexible. These thermal elements will be applied for advanced thermal management of batteries, leading to an isothermal operating performance.
For the Postdoc Position on Fabrication and Characterization of Thermal Routers Based on 2d Heterostructures and Graphite,
- The faculty are envisioning a candidate that will be using thin-film layer deposition techniques, like Chemical Vapor Deposition, to achieve conformal 2D layers (transitional metal dichacolgenides) on top of graphite.
- They expect the candidate to be able to conduct thin-film growth in both cleanroom and wet-chemistry labs followed by detailed characterization of physico-chemical and thermal properties of the materials.
- They also expect the candidate to interact with the industrial partners of the project, Philips, Thales, VDL, and InnoEnergy, for the development of fabrication recipes that can be scaled up in the future.
Duration: A full-time employment for 3 years.
The Postdoc Position: Fabrication and Characterization of Thermal Routers Based on 2d Heterostructures and Graphite includes
- a gross salary between € 3.420,- and € 4.490,- per month depending on experience and qualifications;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology seeks
- A highly motivated early-career researcher with a PhD degree in applied physics, material science, and/or nanotechnology with an excellent background in thermal characterization, solid-state physics, micro-fabrication, and cleanroom experience.
- Programing experience is highly valued on (MATLAB, C/C, Python, COMSOL).
- We welcome strong interpersonal skills and interest in sharing knowledge at conferences and meetings.
- Proficiency in English is required, both spoken and written.
- The appointment will require the mobility of the candidate between the Netherlands and Spain.
Applicants for this position are to send their applications including the following documents:
- a cover letter outlining your specific interest, qualifications, and motivation to apply for this position.
- a detailed CV.
- transcripts (in English for non-Dutch applicants) from his/her Bachelor and Master degrees.
- contact information of two scientific staff members (one should be the supervisor of his/her MSc thesis project) who are willing to provide a recommendation letter at our request.
To apply for the Position on Fabrication and Characterization of Thermal Routers, click here.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2022.
For more information on the position on Fabrication and Characterization of Thermal Routers, visit the official site.